Bacon Wrapped Figs with Gorgonzola and Walnuts
a wedge of Gorgonzola cheese
aged balsamic vinegar (or try pomegranate molasses)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Make a 3/4” long slit in the top of the fig. (Black Missions are my favorite, but Calimyrna or Brown Turkeys are also good.)
- Place a chunk of Gorgonzola cheese inside.
- Wrap a slice of bacon around the stuffed fig. Use a toothpick to secure and don’t overlap the bacon more than a 1/2” or it won’t get crispy.
- Place figs upright on a baking sheet.
- Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar or pomegranate molasses.
- Sprinkle with crumbled walnuts.
- Roast for 12-15 minutes – until bacon is crispy.
Serve with Prosecco or Muscato dessert wine.