Today is National Almond Day! And Rosemary Almonds are the perfect tribute. I first fell in love with these tasty snackers when my girlfriend Katey made them for a dinner party. Instantly addicted, I couldn’t move away from the bowl – not even to refill my Champagne glass! It’s both a blessing and a curse that these darlings are oven ready in under ten minutes. They keep for weeks in an air-tight container, but don’t expect them to last that long.
1 T butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 T fresh rosemary, minced
6 oz. (1 1/2 cups) whole, raw, unsalted almonds
Kosher or flaky sea salt (Maldon is my favorite.)
1 tspn Worcestershire sauce
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Melt butter in a large skillet.
- Add rosemary and garlic. Saute for one minute, until fragrant.
- Add almonds and salt to taste. Stir until the almonds are shiny, about one minute.
- Stir in Worcestershire sauce.
- Pour almonds onto a large baking sheet.
- Bake 5 minutes. Gently shake pan to redistribute the nuts.
- Return almonds to oven and bake for five more minutes.