Gingersnaps with White Chocolate and Crystallized Ginger
3/4 cup butter
1 cup brown sugar, firmly packed
1/4 cup molasses
1 large egg
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tspn. baking soda
1 tspn. ground ginger
1 tspn. ground cinnamon
1/2 tspn. ground cloves
1/3 cup granulated sugar
12 oz. white chocolate chips
4 oz. crystallized ginger
- Thoroughly combine butter, brown sugar, molasses and egg in a large bowl.
- Add flour, baking soda, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, and salt. Stir until combined.
- Cover and chill for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Place granulated sugar in a shallow bowl.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls; roll balls in sugar. Place balls 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake about 10 minutes or until tops are crackled and edges are firm.
- Transfer cookies to a wire rack; let cool.
- Melt white chocolate over a double boiler.
- Coarsely chop crystallized ginger.
- Dip cookie in melted white chocolate. Place on wax paper and immediately sprinkle with crystallized ginger.
- Refrigerate until chocolate hardens.
Makes about 4 dozen.
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to email this to a friend (Opens in new window)
- Share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on StumbleUpon (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Google+ (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)