Blue Cheese Gougères
1/4 cup unsalted butter
3/4 cup water
3/4 cup all purpose flour
1/2 tspn. salt
1/8 tspn. cayenne pepper
lots of fresh ground black pepper
3 large eggs
6-8 oz. blue cheese, crumbled
- Preheat oven to 400F.
- Bring butter and water to boil in a medium sauce pan.
- Remove from heat. Add flour, salt and peppers. Beat until batter begins to pull away from the sides of the pan.
- Vigorously mix in the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Stir in cheese. Let mixture rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Drop dough by tablespoonfuls 2 inches apart onto lightly buttered baking sheets.
- Bake until golden brown, about 30 mintues.
Great with a little bubbly! Makes 24 Gougères.