Cranberry Cake With Toasted Almonds
This delicious cake takes only 20 minutes to prepare. It’s dense, like a pound cake, with the perfect balance of sweet and tart.
2 cups granulated sugar
11 T unsalted butter, room temperature
1 tspn. vanilla
2 T Amaretto
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 1/2 cups cranberries (1 bag), fresh or frozen
1/3 cup almond slivers, lightly toasted
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Lightly grease a 9 or 10” springform pan.
- Beat eggs and sugar together on medium speed until the mixture is pale yellow and silky looking, about 3-5 minutes.
- Add soft butter, vanilla, and Amaretto and continue mixing for 2 minutes.
- Turn the mixer speed to low and slowly add the flour.
- Fold in the cranberries.
- Evenly spread the mixture into the pan and sprinkle with toasted almond slivers.
- Bake for 70 minutes or more depending on the pan size. Cake is done when firm to touch. (If the top gets too brown, lightly cover the pan with foil.)
- Allow to cool several hours before serving.