Roasted Banana Cheesecake With Fromage Blanc
1/3 cup light brown sugar
7 oz cinnamon cookies (or vanilla wafers or coconut cookies…endless possibilities)
1/2 cup toasted walnuts
5 T melted butter
- Combine ingredients in a food processor and pulse until mixture resembles course-grained cornmeal.
- Press into a 10-inch springform pan and set aside.
3 roasted bananas (Bake at 400°F for 15 minutes, cool and peel.)
2/3 cup granulated sugar
8oz cream cheese
16oz fromage blanc (Use more cream cheese if you can’t find it at the store.)
2 egg yolks
1/3 cup heavy cream
2 T bourbon
1 tspn vanilla
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Combine sugar and cheeses with an electric mixer on medium-high until fluffy. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
- Add eggs and yolks one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Add bananas, cream, bourbon and vanilla. Beat until thoroughly combined.
- Pour over prepared crust.
- Bake for one hour or until the interior is firm to the touch. (If you shake it back and forth gently and the center jiggles, return the pan to the oven.)
- Cool at room temperature and chill for at least four hours before serving.